Re: Engine temp..

To: "N.A. Campiglia III" <spitdrvr@camalott.com>
Subject: Re: Engine temp..
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 12:28:58 -0700
Nick,
The normal operating temperature will depend for the most part on the rating of
the thermostat you have.  However, most new cars are
designed to run at very high temperatures so that the fuel is burned more
efficiently.  But, yours is not a new car and it's my guess
that as long as it stays below 200 degrees, you should be ok.  After all the
normal boiling point of water is 212 degrees F.

With coolant added, your boiling point should be somewhat higher than 212
depending on the mix.  In short, I think you are ok.

Joe