re: speedos and rotating diameter

To: <speedracre@netzero.net>
Subject: re: speedos and rotating diameter
From: "James Libecco" <jfl@neoucom.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 07:03:39 -0400
The speedo to tach ratio still would be constant no matter what the
rotational diameter is, but the final road speed will vary tremendously,
depending on what the tire size is.  On my 76 nonOD spit with my autox tires
on, I have to drive an indicated 70mph/4000rpm to stay with 55 mph traffic.
Sufficive to say, I do more damage to and from the track than racing.

jim

                Not Really Richard,
         The Tach is connected to the motor  /  motor to tranny  /  tranny to
                speedo.
         Its a direct connect so tach to speedo is constant..

                        Pat