Re: RE: Interesting Site (particularly useful on road trips)

To: reid.w.simmons@intel.com
Subject: Re: RE: Interesting Site (particularly useful on road trips)
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, May 11 2000 18:54:23 GMT-0600
I'm glad they're cracking down on red light runners-my sister and nephew were
almost killed by a guy who ran a red in L.A. (He got off without a
ticket-because my sister didn't have her insurance up to date-and she lost her
license. Hard lesson-but he still should have gotten a ticket! Her car was cut
in half!)

And I've had several friends throughout the years who've had bad accidents
because someone coming in the other direction just didn't feel like stopping
for a red. In one case, my boyfriend at the time-was hit by a drunk going
through a red-he almost died and had a scar that ran the length of his body.
His sister 2 years later wasn't so lucky-both her and her baby were killed.

Me? When I'm at a light and it turns green-I wait a moment to make sure no one
is running it before I go. Of course, the people behind me get impatient but
tough for them! And when that light turns yellow-I slow and stop-though that
can be scary when some maniac is tearing up behind you and you can almost feel
that he wants to go through you...Ask me how many times I've almost been hit
waiting to turn into my apartment while the gate is opening! (My hair should be
grey!)

Funny thing, last year I was giving one of the mechanics from Daves a ride back
from the Newport Beach auction to the shop. I slowed and signaled that I was
going to turn right into the driveway. I could hear the tires of the guy behind
me skidding for what seemed forever. Chuck and I just looked at each other and
braced for impact-strange how time slows and almost stops in those instances,
eh? Finally I heard him stop and I looked in my rear veiw mirror-he was within
inches of my rear bumper. I turned into the drive and looked at him-his rear
wheels were smoking and smelled! Chuck just looks at me and says-'he just
almost bought us each a new car!' (Seeing as it was a big T-Bird-I doubt if
either of us would have been able to *drive* those new cars!)

Laura G.