Re: RE: CNN reports BMW pays Phoenix to take over

To: "Marcus Schaper" <mschaper@gvpt.umd.edu>
Subject: Re: RE: CNN reports BMW pays Phoenix to take over
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, May 11 2000 14:19:01 GMT-0600
Actually, I do like the Z8-at first glance, I thought it was some sort of A-M!
Even Dave(!) likes it! We decided over a couple of beers that it looks as if a
BMW raped an A-M and the Z8 was the lovely, if illegitimate offspring.

The MGF is too Miata looking for my taste. Infact, there was a 'discussion'
somewhere on one of these lists as to which came first-the MGF or the Miata.

Speaking of Miatas-when I go out with a guy the first time, if he makes the
comment that the Miata is an updating on the Spitfire (the insult!), I know
there's no hope for a meaningful relationship!

But the Z3? Augh! The front half and the back half just do not go together! I
think it's a very Teutonic looking peice of machinery-reminds me of Kaiser
Wihelm somhow...and, they're little toads-not at all high performance cars.
Here, in the Newport Beach area, it seems that every yuppie foing through a
mid-life sort of thing has one!

Laura G. (Just waiting for the flames)