RE: further to sound deadening

To: Dave Terrick <dterrick@home.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net,
Subject: RE: further to sound deadening
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 12:54:02 -0400
I guess I should step in here and put on my other hat.  As an architect, I
am very familiar with materials, as well moisture control methods.  You're
right to bring that up as a concern.  That is the problem with a lot of
applied materials (such as "rust-proofing").  But, in this case, it is a
matter of the installation method that is critical.  If the membrane is
installed with no voids or air pockets and with a good seal at the edges,
there should not be a problem.  Moisture vapor will not be trapped between
the membrane and the metal, as metal is a good moisture barrier as well.  Of
course you want to seal out water from entering places like inside the door
panels, i.e.. good window glass seals, etc.  Also, open up the little
drainage holes at the bottom of the door.  They get filled with debris over
time and will prevent moisture from leaving the door cavity.

Ok, switching back to tweed cap, now.

Terrence N. Banbury
1967 SPITFIRE MK III
1988 Honda Accord lX