Zenith Stromberg CD150 Air Filter

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Zenith Stromberg CD150 Air Filter
From: "Mike Chmura" <m.chmura@umassp.edu>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 09:11:18 -0400
Hello everyone,

I have a 1978 Spit 1500 with the above carb.  I'm trying to track down
an off-the-shelf air filter, if possible, from either HAPCO or NAPA.
(WIX, FRAM, ???)  A picture of the air filter can is at:
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/spit-carbs/index.html

It's the first picture, the one that looks like a cake pan.  These
folks, HAPCO, NAPA, seem to have oil filter references for a 1978
Triumph Spit but I can't seem to fine a corresponding air filter.  The
oil filter currently on the car, from the PO, is a FRAM Extra Guard
PH3816.  Is this a decent one to stay with or is there a better option.

If anyone can point me to a part number for one of these air filters, I
would greatly appreciate it.  Or would I be better off ordering this
item from someplace like SpitBits, or BV?

Thx in advance for your help.

Mike Chmura

 Michael Chmura
 Technical Services Manager
 University Information Systems
 University of Massachusetts, President's Office
 133 Whitmore Building
 Amherst, Massachusetts 01003
 Phone: 413-545-4673
 Fax:     413-545-3205