well, I think I made some progress on the fuel tank

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: well, I think I made some progress on the fuel tank
From: "Spitfire 1500" <s1500@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 20:21:45 -0500
Yesterday I bought a used(and boy it was used) fuel tank ring thingy. It was
rusty, and one of the tabs was bent off. But, it was flat and true.

Anyways, I stuck it on, and did some fuel filling tests to see what was
going to happen.  It STILL leaked, but this time out of the sides, where the
ring holder thing is spot welded.

So I puttied it up and that seemed to stop them. But now, it was still
leaking out the bottom of the whole contraption after a few rock tests.

So, with some fuel leaking, I rotated the locking ring 120 degrees, and
tried it on again. Wiped of all the gas, and looked closely. Then I filled
in some more gas, less than 1 gallon at a time. Rocked the car a bit, and so
far NO leaks whatsover. I was surprised, did I fix the thing finally?

Tomororw I'll try to add in more gas, and hopefully the increased fuel
pressure upon it wont make it leak again. Otherwise I am out of ideas.

Kids love the rich taste of web content!
http://british.nerp.net
now with fortified commentaries