Re: Driveshaft grease fitting?

To: jmcneal@ohms.com
Subject: Re: Driveshaft grease fitting?
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 10:15:57 PST
Hi Jeff:

Most, if not all, u-joints have provision for a grease fitting.  Some may
have a blank plug screwed into the threaded hole to be temporarily replaced
with a grease fitting for maintenance lubing.

My '73 Spit had a combination of fittings and plugs from the various
u-joints used over the years.  I've replaced all the u-joint fittings with a
1/4-28 threaded plug that is slotted for a screwdriver.  I got them at my
local hardware store.  When lubing the u-joints I just do a quick switch.
You can get LONG grease fittings that make it easy to attach your grease
gun, without interference from the u-joint itself.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'73 Spit 1500