Re: back-up switch and front suspension rebuild

To: "N.A. Campiglia III" <spitdrvr@camalott.com>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: back-up switch and front suspension rebuild
From: "MikeC" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 11:41:38 -0700
300 # is the rating of the spring.  It means for every 300 pounds load put
on the spring it will sag 1 inch.  I think the stock springs are rated about
150-175#. I got mine from Vicky Brit, but Spitbits and others should carry
them as well.  Also, the shocks need to be upgraded when high rate springs
are installed.  It's kind of funny, I've got 800# springs on the front of my
Mustang. One of those could support the whole front and more of a Spitfire.
MikeC