Re: Distributor fouls with generator

To: "pete_gibson@agilent.com" <pete_gibson@agilent.com>,
Subject: Re: Distributor fouls with generator
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:12:25 -0500
Pete, I also have a 76 and was working on teh timing. I also have seen various
pictures in books and on the web with the distributer at different angles all
about 90 degrees apart. Thing I have noiced is that with the distributer turned
the ignition leads go to different cylinders to compensate. i.e. move them all
round one, but keeping the firing order the same.  In fact you can see the
angle mine is mounted at on my web page (
http://www.ftconnect/~alemen/spitfire/spitfire.html) in one of the pictures
about half way down on teh right. Click on the picture for a better look.
My no 1 with the distributer cap on is at the front next to the engine as shown
in the Haynes manual.

Hope this helps.

Alan (76 spitfire)