Re: Sensible advice please

To: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>, <SJagGo@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Sensible advice please
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:55:19 -0800
I had a drunk plow into my first spitty when I lived in Italy. I was stopped
and in the left hand turn lane (with my foot on the brake) when suddenly,
"Arthur" and I were propelled over the 'island' and partly into the oncoming
lane. He started to drive off, but there was a cop across the street who saw
everything. I jumped out of the car, and I remember thinking that the car
had to have been totalled as the drunk was driving an Alfa Romeo 164!

Actually, the front of his car was pretty much gone from radiator on up and
all I had was a broken tail lens cover! I drove away and he was towed-Alfa
non va!

I went to the mechanics directly-there was only the tail lens. I remember
him telling me that he thought the frame on the Spitfire was indeed a very
sturdy affair and he wasn't surprised at all! (He was an honest to goodness
"British Leyland Repair"! He had one of those signs that now they sell as a
souvenir-but back then was for real!)

Now, I have to admit that the bonnet is flimsy, and nowadays fits rather
neatly under the rear bumpers of most "luxury" sized sedans-as I can attest
from Nigels little mishap in October 1998...but...I still feel that it's a
sturdy little car overall-just consider that there's actual *metal*!

Laura G.

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!