Re: On the Hook

To: spitlist@gte.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: On the Hook
From: FODFARTS@cs.com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:34:37 EST
Sorry, it seems that I am always defending my corral of LBC's from derogatory
remarks by the locals. Somehow I got stuck in SW Missouri and while it is a
nice place, I feel out of place at times because I have no desire to own or
drive any American Iron. While my neighbor can run down the street to the
parts store and get almost any part for his Ford, Chevy, Dodge, I first get
out the catalogs and start reading and figuring shipping times versus price.
Although it is fun, once in a while, to stop in and ask the teenager behind
the counter for anything for a 64 Spitfire and watch his/her reaction. I was
surprised once one when a local parts store had points and a condenser in
stock!
    If you are ever in the Springfield, MO area let me know and we can argue
the pros and cons of different British marques, that goes for anyone one on
the list!
                                                        Brad Wolfe

PS I hope I didn't offend anyone who owns an American vehicle, they have
their good points too, just not my cup of tea.