New car and lots of questons

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: New car and lots of questons
From: "Kastell, Bjoern" <kastel01@de1.vdogrp.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:17:30 +0100
Hi Listers,

Bought my first Spit two weeks ago, it is a rhd 1500 from 78 and it is
structually in good order but mechanically a bit tired, so there are a lot
of things to do... All the questions I have, have been answered a thousand
times probably, but as I am member of this list for only a short time I ask
them again:

The overdrive slips in 3rd gear, do I need a 'new' one? 2nd, 3rd and 4th
gear crunch a bit when selected, some problem with the synchromesh? Can I do
it DIY? And there is some grinding noise in the diff, again a new one? And
finally, what do I have to do to make the car reliable as I plan to use it
as my daily transport?

Thanks a lot. Cheers, Bjoern