Heater rod

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater rod
From: "GIBSON,PETE (A-England,ex1)" <pete_gibson@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 14:23:57 -0000
Hi All,

I recently removed the heater from my car and noticed a rod about 1mm
diameter and 300mm long on the underside which was connected at one end
only, the other was flapping about in the breeze. The free end must connect
to something but what is that something?

I spoke with a guy from Kipping's and he said the rod connects to some air
vents that open and close when the control arm on the dash is moved back and
forth. If anyone has a good description of where the rod attaches, or better
still a diagram/ picture please send it my way.

TIA,
Pete.

| Pete Gibson                      o            Agilent Technologies    |
| Senior Engineer            o     O     o      Whitehouse Road         |
| Tel: +44 (0)1473 465357      O   O   O        Ipswich                 |
| Fax: +44 (0)1473 464965        O   O          England, IP1 5PB        |
|                         o  O  O     O  O  o                           |
| Email:                         O   O                                  |
| pete_gibson@agilent.com      O   O   O        AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES    |
|                            o     O     o      Innovating the HP Way   |