RE: gas prices

To: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: gas prices
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 09:15:03 -0500
Fred,

I really think one of the major differences in the price vs. location topic
is local taxes.  California taxes gas more heavily and Va in your example.
And our gas is taxed by our Federal gov, state gov, county gov, and city
gov's.  Nice, huh?  I believe that is why our overseas listers pay more as
well: Taxes.  The cartel, sure, fixes prices.  But when the governments tax
the stuff to death, what do you expect??

Bill