RE: one of these things is not like the others

To: "'Terry L. Thompson'" <tlt@digex.net>
Subject: RE: one of these things is not like the others
From: "Banbury, Terrence" <Terrence.Banbury@dnr.state.oh.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:54:37 -0500
This is probably due to the unique rear suspension that Spitfires have.  No
doubt you 'jockeyed' the car back and forth a little to get it in the
correct position for the photo shoot.  This kind of thing will have the
effect that you see in the photos.  Same thing happens if you drive in
reverse for more than a few feet.  The wheels splay out at the bottom (due
to camber I believe).  Perfectly normal occurrence.  For the next shoot,
You'll have to be clever to position the car exactly where you want it
without backing up.  Just my guess.
Terry Banbury