RE: Has anyone dismantled seat rails before?

To: "'Jeff McNeal'" <jmcneal@ohms.com>,
Subject: RE: Has anyone dismantled seat rails before?
From: "Bowen, Patrick A RP2" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:28:59 -0500
Reply,  Jeff when I did my seat tracks ('79 Spit) it was impossible to
seperate the parts of the track  there are two ball bearings that roll back
and forth and are stopped by indentations in the tracks, this keeps the
tracks from sliding apart.  I sandblasted mine best I could and painted them
with rustoleum.  I would not recommend graphite as a lubricant, I jsut think
it is heavy enough, I will try and fid a thick grease for mine. (like the
type that used to come in a stick, 1" by 4" long, at every shell station in
North America.

Patrick Bowen