Re: More Club Ranting

To: <pabowen@mediaone.net>
Subject: Re: More Club Ranting
From: "Dave" <IwannaConvertible@mmcable.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 00:52:03 -0000
Welcome to the kill box, fight's on!
(try watching Wings more often, and then talk to some of the pilots who flew
some of these planes ;-)

While I claim no expertise beyond amature status as a historian, I'm a
military pilot who has had a love affair with avaition going back as far as
I can remember.
The following links will provide information on the de Havilland Mosquito:
http://www.accessweb.com/USERS/MCONSTAB/mosquito.htm
http://www.aviation-history.com/dehavilland/mosquito.html

The following links  will update your knowledge on the spitfire fighter:
http://www.spitfiresociety.demon.co.uk/index.htm
http://www.acm.cps.msu.edu/~kortasma/spitfire.html
http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Cove/8460/untitled.html

Javelin? try here:
http://www.vflintham.demon.co.uk/aircraft/javelin/javelin.htm

And for the lawyers out there, the geneva convention, covering all aspects
of armed conflict:
http://www.tufts.edu/departments/fletcher/multi/texts/BH790.txt

The primary purpose of the spitfire, or any other fighter for that matter
(including modern fighters), is not to kill people, but to destroy enemy
aircraft (but nobody seems to mind if you happen to do that - as a pilot I
accept the fact that if my plane gets hit, I may get killed.)  The
capability to kill enemy personnel on the ground or in the skies is inherent
to all fighters and continues to be used as an expedient when other means
are either unavailable or unsuitable for the action at hand (such as no
close air support/ground attack aircraft available to suppress enemy ground
forces)

Dave Korzun