Re: wheel wobble woes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wheel wobble woes
From: ScottBarr8@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 21:16:36 EST
In a message dated 02/21/2000 9:54:52 PM Central Standard Time,
jmcneal@ohms.com writes:

<<  The wheel is tight to the hub adapter, which is also on tight to
 the hub.  There seems to be about 1/16" of play. I noticed that the front
 rotor seems to be wobbling along with the tire also.  Something obviously
 needs to be tightened up.

 What now?  I'm assuming that I need to remove the wheel and hub adapter,
 then tighten the four nuts that secure the rotor?  The large center hub nut
 itself?  Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.  I want to make
 sure my wheel stays ON this time! >>

Did you check the trunnion and the upper ball joint?  Could be a little wear
in either of those bits.

Scott
ScottBarr8@aol.com