Re: Which Spitfire do you love the best?

To: "List, Spitfire" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Which Spitfire do you love the best?
From: Richard Gosling <rbgos@perkins-engines.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:19:15 +0000
Everyone is bound (probably) to pick their own - but why did I choose
Daffy?

The main reason was that she would be my everyday car, taking me to and
from work along the A1(M) (big 3-4 lane highway for you Americans).
Logic says - biggest most powerful engine, plus overdrive, for the 80
mph cruising.   Later Spitfires also have the more practical folding
hood.  So, a 1500 it had to be.

The bonus for me is preferring the shape - sleeker, more streamlined
nose, more purposeful looking tail, the rear indicators that look like
arrows (as Ron said).  Plus, with the sharp-edged hard-top on it looks
like a proper fixed-head coupe, rather than a soft-top with a plastic
bubble on.  Very important, that hard-top, this time of year!

So, I guess, if I was choosing a car for high days and holidays only,
I'd probably still go for a 1500.  Plus, of course, they tend to cost
less than the other marks (at least in the UK), being a lot less rare!

Richard Gosling and Daffy (Still not got her that new exhaust - I can
live with the noise for another week until I get paid!)