Yet another comment on NASS

To: "'spitlist@gte.net'" <spitlist@gte.net>,
Subject: Yet another comment on NASS
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:47:26 -0800
I would like to add that the Eagle Squadron was made up of volunteer pilots
from the U.S.  The Eagle is not the symbol of Canada so we might be
offending our Canadian members by making reference to the "Eagle" Squadron
in our logo.  The same goes for any members south of the U.S. boarder down
to the equator.  So I think that making reference to the Spitfire aircraft
in general is OK, but we should refrain from making specific ties to the
U.S. contingent in the RAF.  JMO

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)