Oil filter score against Jeff: 4-0

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil filter score against Jeff: 4-0
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 17:41:43 -0800
I just made my third and fourth visits to auto parts stores in search of a
spin on oil filter for my '67 Mk3.

I left both NAPA and PEP BOYS empty handed.  The problem appears to be with
my male/mail thread adapter.  It appears to be 5/8" to 5/8" -- and NOBODY
seems to stock an oil filter with a 5/8" thread.  The world of oil filters
is apparently 3/4".

The filter that was on the car is a Unipart whose number doesn't even show
up in the NAPA cross reference chart -- that's how old it is.  This also may
have something to do with my Spitfire being an English home market car.

So what's the consensus?  Where do I find an oil filter with a 5/8" thread
or a new adapter that goes from 5/8" to 3/4"?  This is beginning to drive me
batty.

Much obliged.

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3