Need advice

To: "'Spitfires'" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need advice
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 14:59:58 -0800
Hi all;

I discovered that one of the problems I had hoped to rectify by rebuilding
the clutch hydraulics did not go away. :-(

Simply stated, when the engine has been running for a while and is nice and
warm I cannot get the transmission into reverse without grinding the gears.
If the car is hot I have to shut it down, put the shifter into reverse, and
then restart the engine.  When the engine is cold or warming up I have no
problem.  Otherwise all other shifting is nice and smooth.

Both the primary and secondary clutch cylinders have been rebuilt, the line
cleaned, new DOT4 fluid, and the whole system bled 2 or 3 times.

Any suggestions?

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)