Wood steering wheels

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Wood steering wheels
From: "Andrew Holmes" <holmes_law@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:10:49 PST
Listers:

After looking through the various responses that I got to my previous
question re: wood wheels last month, and after chasing search terms through
cyber-space, I now have a short list of the wood wheels that can fit the
spitfire:

1)  Formula (original option)
2)  Moto-lita
3)  Lecarra
4)  Mountney
5)  Grant

I have also seen Bertini, but not with the proper wheel boss kit.  Maybe
they make it, or another will fit, but I don't know.

I'm still most interested in the Formula wheel (because it has the right
number of holes on the three spokes), but the Moto-lita and Lecarra both
look very nice, and pretty original.

So my question now:
Does anybody have a suggestion of a preferred source for these wheels?
Any recommendations for good cost/ease of business would be much
appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew
'66 (titled as a '67) mkII Spit