Re: 63 spit on e-bay

To: Andrew Holmes <holmes_law@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: 63 spit on e-bay
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:39:23 -0700
Andrew,
Here is a case of "it's better to leave well enough alone".  What I'm
talking about is the Commission number.  What the car actually is:  is a
very early Mk1 and in reality a '62 model by the Commission number.  It
has that infamous STC63 plate that was added by the dealer (or Triumph
Regional office, who can be sure?) to reflect that it was sold in the US
'63 Model year.

It (at least in my book) is more valuable as a '62 model as it actually
is rather than the updated model which it was sold as.  There were fewer
than 1600 Spitfires made before 1963 and this one is one of the
earliest.

Regards,
Joe Curry

Andrew Holmes wrote:

> Listers:
>
> FYI - Don't know if it is one of you, but there is a pretty nice '63 spit
> for sale on e-bay, the VIN listed is STC63FC468L.
>
> The usual disclaimers, no financial involvement, yadda yadda yadda . . .

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer