Re: Door panels, seat kits -- all the same?

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>,
Subject: Re: Door panels, seat kits -- all the same?
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 07:11:41 -0500
Jeff McNeal asked:

> My question is this:  Are these components -- all sold by Spitbits, Rimmer
> Bros., Victoria British and The Roadster Factory -- all identical?  In
> addition to quality, I'm really striving for originality.  I've seen some
> Spitfire Mk3 replacement door panels that have a small patch of carpeting
in
> the lower front corner.  I don't recall my original '67 having that
> attribute.
>
> Can anyone confirm that all these guys are selling the same stuff?
I got mine from TRF. I believe they are made by Newton Commercial. My 70 Mk3
door panels had the carpet square on the originals and also on the
replacements. TRF's price was actually better than Rimmer's and Newton
Commercial's...and that was before considering shipping! At the time I
bought mine, Vickie Brits only had the interior kits for the later Spits.
Quality was very high and grains, stitching, pleats, etc. were very close to
original.
Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /