Re: reverse gear setback-part 2

To: "KTnKT" <ktnkt@cape.com>
Subject: Re: reverse gear setback-part 2
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 19:07:33 -0000
Hi
I don't think it is possible to replace the pivot in situe, as if I remember
right the pivot has a flange that goes on the inside with a thread coming
out through the hole in the box and a nut on the outside, to get the arm
back on the pin requires the reverse gear pin to be pulled. Later boxes
(post 76?) had
a different system with a splined / knurled pin that drives in from the
outside. I don't know whether it would be possible to interchange the two
systems!

Graham.