Need paint recommendation for wire wheels

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Need paint recommendation for wire wheels
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:50:09 -0800
Hello all,

I'm going to be bead blasting a wire wheel in the near future to remove the
old, chipped paint and some minor surface rust, before placing the wheel
back in service as a spare.  Can anyone recommend a good paint to use for
this purpose?  I was just planning to prime with rustoleum, then spray paint
with some sort of acrylic silver spray from a can, followed perhaps by a
clear coat.  Having it match the factory paint on the other four wheels
isn't a big concern.  I just want it to look nice and wear well.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 -- "Mrs. Jones"