Re: GT6 front springs

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: GT6 front springs
From: "Tom Shirley" <tshirley@vol.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:54:53 -0500
> > The right spring is longer than the left one.  To make up the difference
> > in spring height, an aluminum spacer is on top of the spring under the
> > riser where it mounts.

If there were a difference in length, the shorter one would have to be wound
with smaller diameter steel for the spring rate to be the same. Measure the
diameter of the windings of each one. If the short one has thicker windings,
then it's a heavier rate spring. If there's a difference in diameter, let me
know and I'll calculate the rates of each one for you.

Tom Shirley Sale Creek, TN
99 Mazda Miata (Bad Dog Racing)
78 Triumph Spitfire (for sale)
http://www.geocities.com/baddogracing/