Spitfire Tonneau

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Tonneau
From: "Terry L. Thompson" <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 12:18:04 -0500
Spit listers,
I asked this question months ago and I'm still trying to figure this out...

I received a tonneau cover with my spitfire when I bought it...which does
not fit the car. It's identical to the correct model tonneau (for '76) that
I now have, but with the following exceptions:

It's approximately 1" shorter side to side in width.
It's approximately 2" longer front to back.
It has a strap that hangs down in the center (to brace it from flapping
when the driver's side is open?)
It has silver metal snaps instead of the black snaps.

But I can't figure out what the *@#! it goes to! It has the same circle and
line pattern on the under-side lining as my '76 tonneau. So I'm assuming
it's for a triumph of some sort. I asked an Midget owner if it may have
been for an MG and I was told that dimensions were wrong for it.

Anyone have an idea as to how to figure this out? I'd really like to
sell/trade it but I can't figure out how I should offer it.

-Terry L. Thompson
'76 Spit 1500
Maryland