Re: Baby Boomers & LBC's

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Baby Boomers & LBC's
From: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:31:08 -0600
   Guess I'm a No-Namer - somewhere between the Greatest Generation & the
Baby Boomer Generation.
   Back in '76, my younger son borrowed my mint '74 carmine Spit to drive to
his afternoon H.S. graduation.  As the wife & I & 3 younger daughters were
returning from the ceremony in the family wagon - big, ugly Plymouth Sports
Suburban (but it had a 440 in it) - top-down Spit passes us with handsome
son accompanied by blond dolly with hair blowing in the wind, etc.  My bride
of 20-some years observes: "That's really a young guy's car, isn't it?"
( OUCH! )
   (FAST FORWARD to Jan '00) - While I'm cleaning-up & refurbishing Spit
soft-top in gleeful anticipation of Spring, bride of 40-some years
(different Spit, same bride) opines: "Why don't you just buy a new top?"
   Moral #1: You're never too old for a Spit.
   Moral #2: Conventional females married to car-nut males can be brought
around - but it may take 40-plus years.

Ree Gurley in Silver Spring, MD  -  78 Spit  FM73070U O