Re: Overdrive compatablity...

To: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive compatablity...
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@lineone.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 17:46:04 -0000
Hi all
This is roughly the same method I use but I hold mine in my workmate
(portable bench) (sorry I don't know if you guys have these things).
The end result is the same it keeps the head from turning purple the air
from turning blue and the steam from coming out the ears.
If your doing it under the car wait 'till your under there with the thing on
your chest before aligning the splines then lift it carefully up into place
without changing the attitude of the unit.  Only certain vehicles have
sufficient room to remove the o/d without taking out the gearbox.
Aligning the splines can be easily acheived using a long, flat bladed
screwdriver to turn the one way rollerclutch.

Graham