Re: Electric tach and Crane ignition question...

To: Spitfire list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric tach and Crane ignition question...
From: nikolai jaremka <njaremka@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 04:00:38 -0800 (PST)

well, i have an autometer tach in my spit and it's electric (the tach).  if you
want an electric spit tach, just look at the wire diagram for the model it came
out of and it should show you how to have it hooked up.  by the way, my
autometer tach came with a wire diagram to show how it gets wired in.  it's not
to hard to fit one, but if you want it to match the rest of your gauges, it
won't look the same.

for a different option, if you have your old distributor with the tach drive
for the mechanical tach, just install that into the engine and connect it to
your mechanical tach.  the distributors should mount the same.

--- Mark Campbell <spitfire@shelby.net> wrote:

> Does anybody have any info on how to retrofit an electric tach to a 72
> Spitfire with a Crane ignition box?  I'm about to install a freshly rebuilt
> 1500 engine in my 72 and I'd like to be able to have an accurate rpm reading
> during the break in period.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark Campbell
> bah@shelby.net