SU carbs

To: spitfire <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: SU carbs
From: Chris Pappathopoulos <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:51:52 -0600
I am hoping I can get the twin HS4 carbs I bought last year on my car
this summer. My 74 Spit has the following modifications to the engine. A
"TSI275- cam with   .425" lift,  275 degrees duration, and a  3000-6500
rpm power range" cam from Ted Schumacher, 9:1 pistons with .100 milled
off a stock head, the 74 head which has bigger valves then later 1500
heads, 3angle valve job, double valve springs, and tubular pushrods. I
also plan to give it a new exhaust from the head back this summer.

My SU's have the foollowing markings. There is a metal tab on teach one
(a piece of metal that can be removed by removing a screw) that says
FZX1005R and FZX1005F. This leads me to believe they are from a 75
Dolomite with a 1854cc engine. Then on top of the place where the fuel
line attaches to the bowl there is a flat spot that has "AUD" stamped
in, and then 9208 scratched in the front carb and 9268 scratched in the
rear carb. I'm not 100% sure on those numbers as they hard to read.

I am wondering what I should do for jetting to get maximum performance
when I rebuild them. Also if they are waxstat or non waxstat jets
currently. If any body has a good place to buy the rebuild and jet parts
from please let me know. This is my first time dealing with carbs so if
I have said something stupid please forgive me.

Chris Pappathopoulos
76 TR7