re: truck motor

To: SPITFIRES <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: truck motor
From: "Arthur H. Smith" <arthurhsmith@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:51:43 -0500
Message text written by "John Knox"
>In my previous post about the tracker rear end, I was thinking more
along the lines of a cheap source of independent rear ends than a
monster spit.  All of this talk of engine swaps got me to thinking.
What about the engine and transmission from a small pickup truck.  Any
of the imports or the Ford Ranger, or the Chevy S10?  They would be a
good source of engines and transmissions that are rear wheel drive.<

Any thing is posible, all it takes is time and $$$$$$$$$. Around the time
C. S. took the AC Ace and put  a 260 V8 in it some guy in California put a
Caddy V8 in his MG. I don't know how well the dif gears held up but it sure
went fast, straight line. Why not a V6 with turbo or ........ a 460 ci big
block I mean why????  Are you going to use a narrowed Ford 9" rear end with
racing slicks???

you want to put a Cheby engine in your Spir???? talk to the guys who put a
Cheby V8 in their Jaguars.   you want to run something with a Cheby engine
get a Camaro and sell the Spit.

The car was designed as a small car with a small engine, why change it.
Soup up the original engine and run with that.

the arthur