Type D overdrive question

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Type D overdrive question
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 12:27:25 -0600
Hi all,

I have located a type 'D' overdrive unit for sale (at a real reasonable price)
and was wondering what I would need to do to install it into my '77 1500.  I
know that installing an OD in a non-OD car requires shortening the driveshaft,
changing the rear mount and replacing the transmission output shaft, but is
the transmission in my '77 compatible with the older type 'D' unit?  Are there
other things I should be concerned about?

Thanks,
Paul Mostrom
'77 Spitfire 1500
> '80 Ford F-100 (Triumph Support Vehicle)

'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'