RE: ['63 Spitfire starter problems]

To: "'Andrew Mace'" <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>,
Subject: RE: ['63 Spitfire starter problems]
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:30:51 -0600
Or a rather drastic option to bypass the solenoid.
Take an old screwdriver and make contact with the end of the battery cable
and the starter cable.
It will give a nice spark, that's why you use an old screwdriver.
If it's the solenoid it will turn the starter. If you get the same as before
it's something else.
Just one way to eliminate one component

By the way don't touch the end of the screwdriver for a little bit....

Unless you need to be reminded what the end looks like for a week.