Painting the frame: was front hub grease seal

To: "spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Painting the frame: was front hub grease seal
From: "Patrick Bowen" <pabowen@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 10:51:16 -0500
Now that I am looking at painting the frame myself.  Would it be better to
paint it with a gun with an acrylic paint and clearcoat like I am going to
do the rest of the car or should I use POR 15?  Will I be able to paint over
the POR 15 when I am ready to paint the car (engine area is what I am
concerned with)  My understanding is you must sand it first does it still
work that well then.  How much should I use?  Where is the best (read
cheapest for product and shipping) to get it?

Thanks Patrick