Timing marks

To: "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing marks
From: Patrick Baize <speedracre@netzero.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 18:37:39 -0600
All
    My 1296cc 1972 motor ( which I plan to start tomorrow) has timing
marks on the pulley .  Neither of my books tell me how many degrees each
mark is. There of course is 0 degrees, thats a v shape cut in the
pulley.  Then there are many long and short marks on either side. Does
any one have info on these?

    My 63 Motor had a knob on the distributor that you turned to set
timming.  my books descibe that method of timing.

    I kinda like the way the timing was set on my 63 motor, Anyone ever
put a 63 distributor into a 72 Motor?

THnx
Pat 63 Spitfire ( just got done painting the valve cover)