RE: Spitfire cost of ownership

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Spitfire cost of ownership
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 08:50:05 -0800
Gee, I have averaged about 1/10 that amount over the 20+ years I've had my
Spitfire (~$120/year excluding gas and oil), and that includes the
restoration that I am currently involved in.  It's the cheapest car I have
ever owned, except for a '58 Volkswagen (my first car), which only needed a
fan belt replacement in all the time I had it.

Reid
'79 Spitfire (original owner)