motorhead

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: motorhead
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 19:37:11 -0500
In reference to this outfit, let me give you my latest experience with them
(last week). I rebuilt a set of S/U's for a 59 T/R 3, including shafts,
everthing was just fine with the total job, the owner, it seems likes to
make his own adjustments even though he knows nothing about how to do it,
after having two comebacks to me for carb adjustments, he took his car to
Motorhead with the car idling @ 3200, they check it over and the reason for
the high idle is, the butterfly has a "little" light" showing around it, and
the shaft has just a tiny bit of play,  this causes the car to idle at 3200
(yea sure 3200 idle). If a car is to idle @ 3200, the butterfly would have
to be over half way open, anyway the owner beleived the mechanic and paid
83.00 to have the carb reshafted and get the idle down to 800, yes I gave
him his 83.00 and also told him where to take it for future adjustments.
Just 3 months prior to my having the car, Motorhead charged him 1600.00 for
a valve adjustment and minor tune up, how would some of you like that kind
of ticket. There are many more horror storys with outfit.