Putting away the toy for the winter....or not?

To: "Spitfire-Enthusiast@Egroups. Com" <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>,
Subject: Putting away the toy for the winter....or not?
From: "David Stewart" <dstewar1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 20:23:05 -0400
A change in plans....the whole reason I got back into Spitfire ownership
(after selling my original '77 back in '82) was so I could have something to
drive while my daughter was home summers from college.  Now she wants to
come home (from Villanova) and attend Syracuse University.  That means she
needs a car year-round, since she'll be living at home, and her schedule
will not mesh with ours.  So my "new" Spitfire is on the block.  It's a
1980, the engine has twin SUs, 4-in-1 headers, Monza exhaust, and runs
great.  Has around 75000 miles on it (the speedometer broke and was replaced
by an older speedometer with 85000 miles on it).  The car has been painted
black (over the original orange) and looks fabulous - no rust at all.  The
paint is like a mirror!  The interior is in good shape, but I've got a dash
cover and new ashtray that would help the looks of the interior a lot, but I
haven't had time to install it.  The top is in very good shape, and has a
great boot cover and tonneau.  I bought a new tan boot cover and tan rear
panel with plans to change the interior over to tan, and that would go with
it.  It has 5 good original wheels, and 4 brand new BFG tires.  If anybody
is interested, please contact me off-list.

David Stewart
Brewerton, NY
1980 Spitfire TFVDW2A5991838