Re: Question about seat covers

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question about seat covers
From: Alan Lemen <ralemen@micron.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:25:53 -0700
Reid, I am looking at doing something similar. My seats are original and have
just a couple of cuts in the vinyl that have been glued. Also in our area try
Freddy's. Good thing is that if they don't fit or look good, you can always take
them back. If you find a good make and fit let me know.

Also FYI , I found a source of temporary carpet much better (and cheaper)  than
what you get in GI Joes etc., in the Mill End store in Milwaukie. Again a stop
gap measure until I get around to a new set or carpets. It was a thicker open
pile carpet with a rubber backing. It comes in six foot wide rolls and I was
even thinking of redoing all the carpets in this if I could get a good template.
Does anyone know of a carpet template source apart from using the old ones. The
foot well carpets were already replaced and not in a good condition to use
accurately so the current "new" ones are a rough fit, but at the price, I can
afford to throw away. I am sure that the same carpet can be found in other
places in the country.

Also does anyone know a good source of the walnut veneer for the dashboards in
the Northwest. I need to replace the current veneer shortly and I am loath to
pay hundreds for a solid set.

Alan
'76 spitfire (in rehab)