Re: A new world? [Long, but important.]

To: "Mark J Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: A new world? [Long, but important.]
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:46:13 -0400
Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> Also, for those many list folks who are not in the US of A, don't worry
about
> it.  Usually, a check from out of the country costs me more in service
charges,
> currency conversion and hassle than it is worth.  If a batch of folks
based in,
> say, England or Australia or Canada or Germany or wherever got together
and sent
> in one large bank check payable in US Dollars, that would be different!

My first response was to get out the cheque book for my US$ account but
then I thought about what Mark said about a "batch". So here's my offer:
Any Canadians wishing to contribute other than through their own US$
account are invited to forward their Canadian$ cheques to me at the address
below. I will convert the cheques to US$, deposit them to my US$ account
and send Mark one cheque with a listing of the contributors and the amounts
(before and after conversion). If the majority of you think it would be
wise (as a check and balance of my honesty <S>) I could also publish that
same list of contributors to the Spitfire List so you know that Mark got
the money.

Let me know if you think this is a worthwhile effort.

Cheers
Keith

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart