Re: Front Bumper Overriders

To: "spitfire-enthusiast egroups" <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>,
Subject: Re: Front Bumper Overriders
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 22:33:37 -0400
As far as the 71's vs the 78's you can swap 'em
I did. My '78 now has the hard plastic ones (smaller
and the y hold the grill ends)
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
in the 2nd and 3rd photo you can see the 78 style larger rubber
overriders.
In the 5th and second to the last photo on that page you can see
 the earlier style smaller hard plastic style.
When you remove the rubber overriders, just remove the  metal
 mount plate that goes with them.  The earlier one will bolt right on.

As far as chroming goes. There are processes that will allow you
to plate plastics. But I'd tend to think flexing might crack the plating.

Paul Tegler
1973 MGBGT - Daily Driver
1975 Spitfire - in Cherry shape
1980 Spitfire - in re-hab
1978 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
wizardz@toad.net
http://www.teglerizer.com
(see menu for MG Automobiles  and Triumph Automobiles)