Burned on the net

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Burned on the net
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 08:31:05 -0600
Hi guys & Gals,
        Don't know if this is what you call 'bombing'(if so, I apologize) the
list, but
I want to warn you about a guy selling Spitfire parts.  He's stung me so far.

        Guy named R. Nick Durham of Cincinnatti, OH (I have complete address &
Phone No)
was introduced to me via a list member.  (I'm not blaming anyone on the list.)
We
corresponded via email for a week, and in June he was to send me a motor (or
part of)
via a trucking company that I had arranged.  I'd pay freight and all
customs/clearances
etc.

        By July nothing had happened - all kinds of excuses, so I said wait till
September.  I send a bank draft to the address he gave me.  More emails, more
phone
calls but no motor arrives.  It is now October and even several phone calls
haven't
nudged him into action.  I'll have to admit I'm being 'had'.

        So, if Nick Durham (perhaps his alias is Bull Durham) wants to sell you
any
Spitfire parts, particularly a 70/71 MK IV motor - get the motor first then
worry about
paying.  I've already paid for it.

        If anyone in Cincinatti wants to pay Mr. Durham a visit on my behalf,
I'd make
some kind of compensation.   Heck I'd even provide the persuader!

Caveat Emptor,
Cheers, Fred
--
Fred & Wendy Griffiths