Anti-run on valve hookup-follow up

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Anti-run on valve hookup-follow up
From: "Walt Fogle" <foglew@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:26:49 PDT
Tom and all Listers:

Just to revisit my anti-run on valve hookup dilemma and thank Tom O'Malley
for his assitance;  I traced the brown/red wire from the starter switch
through the wire harness and lo and behold, the valve hookup wires were
tucked  behind the starter solenoid.  Apparently, when the terminals broke
off of the old anti-run on valve they were stuffed up there and the vacuum
hose was plugged up with a bolt.  Nothing was being pulled through the
carbon caninster as a result.

I tested the wires for power, then hooked them up to the new valve,
reconnected the manifold vacuum hose to the valve and new carbon canister.
My Stromberg carb was also missing the temp. compensator.  I installed a new
compensator and what a difference!  Although the car was tuned up and ran ok
this has made such a difference.  Idle is very smooth and my mileage has
improved greatly.

Thanks to everyone.

Walt Fogle
'73 Spitfire 1500