Frame color

To: spitlist@gte.net
Subject: Frame color
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:48:32 EDT
A special thank you to everyone who responded about parts for my new Mk1.  As
soon as I can go thru everything and figure out exactly what I need I'll
decide what comes first.
At present I have the tub off and am reconditioning the frame.  My question
is: Were the frames on the Mk1's painted the same color as the body as the
1500's were?  Were there any components (e.g., bumper brackets, radiator
supports) also painted the same as the body color.
I'm pretty sure my Mk 1 started out as powder blue and That's probably where
she'll return.  Does anyone know if there were any Royal Blue Mk1's before
FC15000?  The one guide I have says Oct. 1964 which would be after FC15000.
Thanks,
Bill Brockschmidt
Springfield, IL