new Mk1

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: new Mk1
From: SJagGo@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 23:56:57 EDT
Greetings all,
I just added a 1963 Mk1 Spitfire to my stable.  While it is in remarkably
good condition for having gone thru the Mississippi River floods of 1995
(there are water lines thru the center of the speedo and tach), I do need
some missing parts.  I have a lot of 1500 parts to trade if anyone is
interested, or I can buy the items outright.
I need:
An original mk1 steering wheel-- I have several other types to trade.
A dash pad in any restorable condition--I have a MK3, IV< or 1500 to trade.
A driver's side door handle with lock (key would be great)-- have 1500 style
the rear chrome brackets that hold the top in place
radio plate
luggage rack
sun visors
A left and right eared wire-wheel knock off --I have the octagonal ones to
trade.
Any decent wire wheel hub adapters
A tonneau cover
A mk1 valve cover (no breather pipe on the side) Herald like breather cap on
top, which I have.
An overdrive transmission--1500  non-overdrive type to trade

also for my 1500's:
one or more center hub caps for BOLT-ON WIRE WHEELS (these are not the
plastic ones),  they are heavy chrome plated brass
overdrive transmission

I'll probably think of more later--
Thanks,
Bill Brockschmidt