New Arrival: 1980 Spitfire (and new to the list)

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: New Arrival: 1980 Spitfire (and new to the list)
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 21:59:43 -0400
One of my son's became the proud owner of a 1980 Spitfire last evening,
which will make us the owners a real (if small) Triumph collection!

Purchased very reasonably from a local breakers yard (wasn't in to be
scrapped - the owner is a bit of a collector of LBCs, but decided that he
didn't wan't going to take on Lucas).  Don't know too much about its
history: chassis TRVDW2AT002515, manufactured in January 1980.

The car is an unfinished restoration with excellent body/frame (all mechs
running, but electrics all over the place!).  To that end, anyone have an
idea why the wiper switch will not turn off?  We can get low or high, but
not off (except when the switch is hanging between the 2 positions)!  And
is there a secret to removing the ignition key from the lock (already tried
the push and turn anti-clockwise without effect)?

Tony Gordon
72 TR6 (mine)
80 TR6 (sons)